Terms and Regulations
HOME > Exhibitors > Terms and Regulations
1. Terms of Reference
- In the rules and regulations for participation in ECO-EXPO KOREA 2016 (K-ECO 2016), the term "exhibitor" shall include all employees, servants and agents of any individual company, partnership firm or organization who have applied for space for the purpose of exhibiting.
- The term "exhibition" shall mean ECO-EXPO KOREA 2016 (K-ECO 2016).
- The term "organizers" shall mean Korea Environmental Industry & Technology Institute and Korea Economic Daily, Korea Green Foundation which are authorized to organize the exhibition.
2. Application for Participation
- All applicants for participation shall be made on the prescribed application form, which shall be submitted, to the organizers or their representatives.
- The contract shall be established when the exhibitor submits the application form duly signed and pays the organizers 50% of the space and/ or shell stand costs. The organizers, however, may defer or refuse the acceptance of an application in the event that sufficient space is not available or the announced exhibit is considered by organizers not germane to the exhibition.
3. Allocation of exhibit space
- The organizers shall allocate the space in accordance with the order of application, size of the space applied for, the nature of the exhibits or in the manner the organizer deem fit.
- The organizers shall reserve the right to change the location and/or the size of the space allocated to the exhibitor at any time prior to the commencement of the build-up of the exhibition, should exceptional circumstances demand, and the exhibitor shall have no claim for compensation as a result of changes.
4. Use of exhibit space
- Exhibitors are bound to exhibit the announced products and to staff the stand with competent personnel during the whole period of the exhibition.
- All exhibits must accord with the description on the application form, and be related to the theme of the exhibition. Public auctions without permission of the organizers are strictly prohibited. If the exhibitor violates the above-mentioned rules, the organizers can stop the exhibitor's activity, remove his/her exhibits or order the dismantling of his/her booth. In this case, the participation fee shall not be refunded and the exhibitor shall have no claim for compensation.
- Exhibits may not be removed from the stand until the close of the exhibition.
- Exhibitors are not allowed to sublet space allotted to them to other parties, either wholly or in part, without the written consent of the organizers. The organizers have the right to remove all unapproved exhibits at the cost of the exhibitor.
- Promotional activities including the distribution of leaflets, materials and giveaways shall be confined to the exhibitor's own stand.
- The exhibitor shall operate and demonstrate its exhibit so as not to annoy, endanger or interfere with the rights of other exhibitors and visitors. Any practice resulting in complaints may be prohibited by the organizers.
- The organizers shall reserve the right to remove exhibits if a complaint of infringement of Intellectual Property Right is filed.
5. Sales regulations
- Retail Sales of exhibits shall not be allowed at the stand.
- All exhibitors who wish to sell their products at the stand get the prior written approval from the organizers.
6. Terms of payment
- The 50% deposit of the participation fee and/or relevant stand charges must be paid at the time of the application by the exhibitor and the balance shall be paid not later than Sept. 12, 2016.
- Charges for other services or supplies ordered separately are payable within the time period specified at the invoice.
- The participation fee shall be paid by the due date. Otherwise the organizers have the right to cancel the contract and dispose the space at his discretion. And in case he does, the participation fee already paid shall not be refunded.
- For all outstanding liabilities, the organizers may retain the exhibits as security.
7. Breach of contract and withdrawal by exhibitor
- In the event of abandonment or rejection of all allocated space, the organizers have the right to cancel the exhibitor's application. In this case, the participation fee already paid will not be refunded, unless abandonment or rejection of allocated space as a result of force majeure.
- In the event of partial abandonment or rejection of the allocated space, the exhibitor shall forfeit the application fee already paid for the abandoned or rejected space, unless the act of withdrawal was a result of force majeure. And if the participation fee has not been paid fully, the exhibitor shall pay the remaining amount of the participation fee by the due date for all the space initially applied for.
8. Cancellation and charges of the exhibition
- In the event of the cancellation of the exhibition by the organizers, the participation fee paid will be refunded. But if the cancellation was caused by force majeure, the fee will not be refunded. The organizers reserve the right to change the venue and duration of the exhibition if exceptional circumstances demand. In this case, the fee paid will not be refunded and the exhibitor shall have no claim for the compensation as a result of the changes.
9. Construction and decoration of stand display
- In the construction and decoration of the stand, all exhibitors and their stand contractors must comply with the technical regulations set forth by COEX.
- Modifications including decorations such as painting the floor, ceiling and pillars will not be permitted. The exhibitor shall be responsible for compensating any damages to the exhibition hall.
- All exhibitors must complete their construction and/or decoration, and move-in and display of exhibits by the date and time stipulated by the organizers.
10. Movement of exhibits and stand fittings
- Exhibitors shall remove all exhibits and stand fittings from the exhibition hall within the period stipulated by the organizers and indemnify the organizers against any cost incurred by reason of delay or damage to the exhibit hall.
11. Securities, risk and insurance
- The organizers shall reserve right to limit any constructions or demonstrations that pose potential safety hazards.
- The exhibitors shall be held responsible for any loss or theft of, or damage to exhibits, stand fittings or any article belonging to the exhibitor during the construction, exhibition and dismantling periods.
- In the event that the exhibitor intentionally or negligently cause a fire, theft, breakage or other accidents inflicting damages to the organizers or others, the exhibitor shall be responsible for damages.
- Exhibitors shall be responsible for insuring goods exhibited. The organizers shall not be liable for any damage or loss to exhibits and stand fittings.
12. Fire regulations
- Materials used in stand and display construction must be properly fire-proofed in accordance with the regulations of Korea.
- The organizers have the right, should circumstances necessitate, to make changes in the exhibitor's stand for fire control.
13. Supplementary clauses
- Whenever necessary, the organizers shall have the right to issue supplementary regulations in addition to those in the rules and regulations for the participation in K-ECO 2016 to ensure the smooth management of the exhibition.
- Any additional written regulation instruction shall form part of the rules and regulations for the participation in K-ECO 2016 and they shall be binding on the exhibitors.
- The exhibitor shall also observe the regulations for the management of the exhibition halls of the COEX.
14. Arbitration of disputes
- Any dispute, difference, or question which may arise at any time hereafter between the organizers and the exhibitor concerning the true construction of these terms and regulations for participation or the rights and liabilities of the parties hereto shall be finally settled in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the Korean Commercial Arbitration Board. The verdict of the above arbitration shall be final and binding upon both parties.